HSBC has been voted best overall provider of offshore renminbi (RMB) products and services in Asiamoney’s Offshore RMB Poll 2017, underpinning its leadership in offshore RMB services as it takes the crown for the sixth consecutive year.
“HSBC has been at the forefront of the internationalisation of the RMB for over a decade and we are thus honoured to be recognised as the leader in RMB services for the sixth consecutive year,” reflected Helen Wong, Chief Executive, Greater China, HSBC.
“As China’s capital markets continue to liberalise with the upcoming launch of Bond Connect and the development of the Belt and Road Initiative expected to drive the global use of RMB in trade and investment, the needs of our clients are becoming more diversified and more complex. We are immensely grateful for their recognition and will continue to harness innovation, collaboration and trust to ensure we are meeting our clients’ needs as we navigate through evolving markets together.”
This year’s poll received 2,379 valid responses from corporates, financial institutions and investors, an 18 per cent increase from 2016.
Asiamoney’s Offshore RMB Poll invites global corporations, financial institutions and investors that have used offshore RMB services via banks in Asia over the past 12 months to participate in an online survey.
One of the region’s first and most comprehensive client-oriented polls for assessing offshore RMB services, the poll covers a range of services such as bond origination, transaction banking, derivatives, fund investment and research, as well as featuring a Best Overall category for the bank that demonstrates excellence across all services.
HSBC was ranked No.1 by our clients in the following categories in Asiamoney’s Offshore RMB Poll 2017:
- Best overall offshore RMB products/services
- Best for offshore RMB clearance, transaction banking and settlement
- Best for offshore RMB liquidity management (e.g. deposits, cross-border concentration/pooling)
- Best for offshore RMB bond origination
- Best for offshore RMB derivatives
- Best for offshore RMB research
- Best for offshore RMB foreign exchange
- Best for offshore RMB fund investment
- Best for advice/information on offshore RMB regulations
- Best for offshore RMB wealth management
- Best for offshore RMB fund services (i.e. custodian and trust services)
More details are available online at www.asiamoney.com.
As a long-standing champion of RMB internationalisation, HSBC has established RMB trade capabilities in over 50 markets globally, and was the first international bank to settle RMB trade on six continents. HSBC led the first-ever offshore RMB-denominated bond and initial public offering and maintained the no.1 bookrunner position in the offshore RMB bond market for the sixth consecutive year.*