- Innovation & Transformation
- Digital Adoption
Driving foodpanda’s growth through payment APIs
foodpanda, part of the Delivery Hero Group, is an online food and grocery delivery platform and a pioneer of quick-commerce.
The foodpanda app is a one-stop shop for customers to:
- Order from thousands of restaurants across Asia
- Have groceries and household goods delivered in under one hour, and often in 10 to 15 minutes
In 3Q 2021, Delivery Hero and foodpanda*:
- Processed EUR540million orders in Asia
- Increased customer orders by 52% YoY globally
- Managed 10 tech hubs across four continents
In a competitive industry, we work with HSBC to co-create digital solutions that differentiates our customer experience, enabling us to build capacity in existing markets, and enter new countries and segments.|
foodpanda needs to attract and retain riders to:
- Deliver an excellent experience to customers
- Achieve its quick-commerce ambitions to remain an industry leader
The company wanted an automated solution to increase satisfaction amongst thousands of riders through instant, smarter payments.
foodpanda partnered with HSBC in Singapore to give riders control over how and when they are paid, using an app:
Gain more control over incoming and outgoing cash flows. Getting funds in sooner, and holding on to them longer, is critical for maintaining a healthy cash flow.
- Calculating, reconciling and paying rider commissions is now fully automated, with real-time connectivity and instant payments
- The company saves 30 hours a month in manual processing
- Riders are in control of their income, leading to a loyal delivery fleet
- Based on success in Singapore, the rider solution is being rolled out across Asia and the Middle East
We are proud to support Delivery Hero’s remarkable growth at a group level, and its foodpanda subsidiary in Asia. We help the business to understand the local regulatory and commercial environment, and digitise its payment and collection solutions to drive its q-commerce ambitions.|