Data Protection Policy – Singapore
Notice to Customers Relating to the Do Not Call Provisions under Part IX of the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) ("DNC Provisions")
HSBC's Privacy Principles
Our business has been built on trust between our customers and ourselves. To preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, we maintain the following privacy principles:
- We only collect personal information that we believe to be relevant and required to understand your financial needs and to conduct our business.
- We use your personal information to provide you with better customer services and products.
- Information on the Customer may be disclosed by HSBC to other companies within the HSBC Group and to third parties outside the HSBC Group. You authorise us to provide necessary information to third parties who provide services to HSBC in connection with the provision of the services which you have sought from HSBC.
- HSBC will not use or disclose information collected about you and (if any) about your employees or representatives gaining access to this Web Site (including information collected by cookies) otherwise than for the purpose made known to you, a purpose you would reasonably expect, a purpose required, authorised or permitted by or under any law or a purpose otherwise authorised by you.
- We may be required from time to time to disclose your personal information to Governmental or judicial bodies or agencies or our regulators, but we will only do so under proper authority.
- We aim to keep your personal information on our records accurate and up-to-date.
- We maintain strict security systems designed to prevent unauthorised access to your personal information by anyone, including our staff.
- All HSBC Group companies, all our staff and all third parties with permitted access to your information are specifically required to observe our confidentiality obligations.
By maintaining our commitment to these principles, we at HSBC will ensure that we respect the inherent trust that you place in us.
Your Privacy Matters to Us
This section provides specific details of how we treat any information you might wish to provide us when you visit this website. Your use of this website indicates your acceptance of these terms and the terms set out in the website Term of Use and Hyperlink Policy.
We maintain strict security standards and procedures to prevent unauthorised access to information about you. HSBC will not contact you by e-mail or otherwise ask you to validate personal information such as your user ID or password. If you receive such a request, please call our 24-hour Customer Service Hotline on (65) 6216 9008.
We also remind our customers to connect only to www.business.hsbc.com.sg when accessing Internet Banking. Never follow a link within an e-mail to start an Internet Banking session. Instead, key in directly to the browser address bar our URL (www.business.hsbc.com.sg) to access our secured Internet Banking site.
- Security is our top priority. The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited ('the Bank') will strive at all times to ensure that your personal data will be protected against unauthorised or accidental access, processing or erasure. We maintain this commitment to data security by implementing appropriate physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure your personal data.
- The secure area of our website supports the use of Secure SocketLayer(SSL)protocol and 128-encryption technology- an industry standard for encryption over the Internet to protect data. When you provide sensitive information such as credit card details, it will be automatically converted into codes before being securely dispatched over the Internet.
- Our web servers are protected behind "firewalls" and our systems are monitored to prevent any unauthorised access. We will not send personal information to you by ordinary email. As the security of ordinary email cannot be guaranteed, you should only send email to us using the secure email facility on our website.
- All practical steps will be taken to ensure that personal data will not be kept longer than necessary and that the Bank will comply with all statutory and regulatory requirements in Singapore concerning the retention of personally identifiable information.
- Both you and HSBC play an important role in protecting against online fraud. You should be careful that your bank account details including your User ID and/or Password are not compromised by ensuring that you do not knowingly or accidentally share, provide or facilitate unauthorised use of it. Do not share your User ID and/or password or allow access or use of it by others. We endeavor to put in place high standards of security to protect your interests. If, in the unlikely event, unauthorised transactions have been conducted through your account through no fraud, fault or negligence on your part, we will see that you are covered for your direct loss up to the full amount of the unauthorised transaction.
- You should safeguard your unique User ID and Password by keeping it secret and confidential. Never write them down or share these details with anyone. HSBC will never ask you for your Internet Banking Password, in order to ensure that you are the only person who knows this information. When choosing your unique User ID and Password for the first time, do not create it using easily identifiable information such as your birthday, telephone number or a recognisable part of your name. If you think your User ID and/or password has been disclosed to a third party, is lost or stolen and unauthorised transactions may have been conducted, you are responsible to inform us immediately.
Collection of Personal Information
- Use of "cookies" Your visit to this site may be recorded for analysis on the number of visitors to the site and general usage patterns. Some of this information will be gathered through the use of "cookies". Cookies are small bits of information that are automatically stored on a person's web browser in their computer that can be retrieved by this site. Should you wish to disable these cookies you may do so by changing the setting on your browser. However, you will be unable to enter certain part(s) of our website, including http://www.hsbcnet.com/.
- Marketing Promotions Occasionally we may collect personal information from visitors to this site and those individuals that participate in a contest or promotion (online or over the telephone,or at one of our branches). Such information is only collected from individuals who voluntarily provide us with their personal information. We may use this information to advise them of products, services and other marketing materials, which we think, may be of interest to them. We may also invite visitors to this site to participate in market research and surveys and other similar activities.
You can choose to receive marketing and other promotional materials by email. If you do receive email or promotional direct mailings, you will always have an opportunity to opt-out.
Data Protection Policy - Singapore
Your privacy is important to us. This Data Protection Policy outlines how your Personal Data will be managed in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act ("PDPA") which strives to protect personal data of individuals. Please take a moment to read this Data Protection Policy so that you know and understand the purposes for which we may collect, use and/or disclose your Personal Data.
You agree and consent to The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, Singapore Branch and our group companies (collectively referred to herein as "HSBC" , "us", "we" or "our") as well as our respective agents, authorised service providers and relevant third parties collecting, using, disclosing and/or sharing your Personal Data in the manner set forth in this Data Protection Policy. In this Data Protection Policy, "group companies" refers to HSBC Holdings plc and/or any of its affiliates, subsidiaries, associated entities and any of their branches and offices, such as HSBC Insurance (Singapore) Pte Limited, HSBC Bank (Singapore) Limited, HSBC Global Asset Management (Singapore) Limited, HSBC Trustee (Singapore) Limited, HSBC Institutional Trust Services (Singapore) Limited, HSBC International Trustee Limited, Singapore Branch and Hang Seng Bank Limited, Singapore Branch.
This Data Protection Policy supplements but does not supersede nor replace any other consents which you may have previously provided to us nor does it affect any rights that we may have at law in connection with the collection, use and/or disclosure of your Personal Data. We may from time to time update this Data Protection Policy to ensure that this Data Protection Policy is consistent with our future developments, industry trends and/or any changes in legal or regulatory requirements. If any material revision is made to this Data Protection Policy, updates will be published at http://www.business.hsbc.com.sg/en-gb/sg/generic/privacy-and-security.Subject to your rights at law, the prevailing terms of the Data Protection Policy shall apply.
For the avoidance of doubt, this Data Protection Policy forms a part of the terms and conditions governing your relationship with us and should be read in conjunction with such terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions"). In the event of any conflict or inconsistency between the provisions of this Data Protection Policy and the Terms and Conditions, the provisions of the Terms and Conditions shall prevail.