- 7 mins
Launched in January 2020 by the Monetary Authority of Singapore, the Singapore Variable Capital Company (VCC) has been termed as a game changer for the global asset and wealth management industry.
At the one year mark since the launch of VCC, HSBC hosted a ‘live’ discussion on 28 January with a panel of thought leaders from DMS Governance, the Monetary Authority of Singapore, PwC Singapore and Withers KhattarWong to discuss:
- Latest updates to the VCC framework
- How the VCC compares with other global fund structures
- Regulatory, legal, tax, and accounting implications of a VCC
- Other practical considerations when launching a VCC
To download more information on the Singapore VCC, click here.
- 00:00s – Update on the VCC framework and its future enhancements by the Monetary Authority of Singapore by Elean Chin, Head, Insurance, Funds and Infrastructure Finance Division, Monetary Authority of Singapore
- 24:09s – Panel discussion and Q&A moderated by Christine Masters, Director, ASEAN, Business Development, Asset Owners & Managers, Markets & Securities Services, HSBC alongside
- Connie Wong, Executive Director, DMS Governance
- Elean Chin, Head, Insurance, Funds and Infrastructure Finance Division, Monetary Authority of Singaporee
- Anuj Kagalwala, Partner, Asset & Wealth Management Tax Leader, PwC Singaporee
- Daniel Yong, Partner, Withers KhattarWong
- 1:05:06s – Closing by HSBC