HSBC recently hosted a webinar titled “Connecting EU and UK Businesses to Growth Opportunities in ASEAN” where industry and government leaders from Europe and ASEAN discussed the latest trends, trading environment and investment opportunities for businesses to grow in the region. Key themes include ASEAN as a global manufacturing hub, rise of ASEAN’s digital economy, and sustainable supply chains for the future.
Click on the videos below to watch the webinar replay.
Opening Remarks (10 minutes)
- Christopher Davies, CEO of HSBC International, Deputy Chief Executive Officer of HSBC France, and Group General Manager, HSBC
- Kee Joo Wong, CEO, HSBC Singapore
Fireside chat: Identifying Opportunities for EU and UK Businesses in ASEAN (25 minutes)
- Colin Bell, CEO, HSBC Bank plc and HSBC Europe
- Michel Baguenault, CEO, Institut Mérieux
- Moderated by Stephanie Betant, Country Head of Wholesale Banking, HSBC Vietnam
Panel discussion on ASEAN as a Global Manufacturing Hub (40 minutes)
- Marc Moeschlin, Sales Director, Southeast Asia, Bollore Logistics Asia-Pacific
- Pamela Phua, Cluster General Director, Vietnam, Singapore and Indochina, AkzoNobel
- Thibaut Giroux, Chairman, CCI France-Vietnam (CCIFV)
- Moderated by Tim Evans, CEO, HSBC Vietnam
Panel discussion on Rise of ASEAN's Digital Economy (40 minutes)
- Anthony Fung, CEO and Managing Director, Zalora Indonesia and Hong Kong
- Leontinus A. Edison, Co-Founder and Vice Chairman, Tokopedia
- Stephen Hogan, Regional Treasurer, Asia-Pacific, Deutsche Post DHL Group
- Moderated by Francois de Maricourt, President Director and CEO, HSBC Indonesia
Panel discussion on Sustainable Supply Chains for the Future (40 minutes)
- Dan Culverhouse, Head of Supply Chain Management, DKSH
- Faroze Nadar, Executive Director, UN Global Compact Network Malaysia & Brunei
- Gautam Kamdar, Vice President - Global Supply Chain and Advanced Analytics, Schneider Electric
- Moderated by Stuart Milne, CEO, HSBC Malaysia
Keynote (10 minutes)
- Stuart Tait, Group General Manager and Regional Head of Commercial Banking, Asia-Pacific, HSBC
In Conversation with Singapore (30 minutes)
- Jacklyn Zhang, Regional Director, Europe, Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB)
- Paul Boudre, CEO, Soitec
- Kee Joo Wong, CEO, HSBC Singapore
- Moderated by Harish Venkatesan, Head of International Subsidiary Banking, HSBC Singapore
In Conversation with Vietnam (30 minutes)
- Dr. Nguyen Manh Hai, Counsellor - Head of Investment Section, Embassy of the S.R. Vietnam, Berlin, Ministry of Planning and Investment (MPI)
- Tim Evans, CEO, HSBC Vietnam
- Moderated by Joon Suk Park, Head of International Subsidiary Banking, HSBC Vietnam
In Conversation with Philippines (30 minutes)
- Bobby Fondevilla, Executive Director, Investment Assistance Centre and Investment Promotions Group, Philippines Board of Investments (BOI)
- Ruben Camba, Regional Director, Southeast Asia, Acciona
- Graham FitzGerald, CEO, HSBC Philippines
- Moderated by Grace Murphy, Head of Multinationals and International Subsidiary Banking, HSBC Philippines
In Conversation with Thailand (30 minutes)
- Duangjai Asawachintachit, Secretary General, Thailand Board of Investment (BOI)
- Kelvin Tan, CEO, HSBC Thailand
- Moderated by Alexander Malloch, Head of International Subsidiary Banking, HSBC Thailand
In Conversation with Indonesia (30 minutes)
- Ricky Kusmayadi, Director of Investment Promotion Development, Ministry of Investment/Indonesia Investment Coordinating Board (BKPM)
- Vishnu Swaroop Baldwa, President Director, Indorama
- Francois de Maricourt, President Director and CEO, HSBC Indonesia
- Moderated by Charles Kho, Head of International Subsidiary Banking, HSBC Indonesia
In Conversation with Malaysia (30 minutes)
- Arham Abdul Rahman, CEO, Malaysian Investment Development Authority (MIDA)
- Stuart Milne, CEO, HSBC Malaysia
- Moderated by Shreyas Krishna, Country Head of Multinationals, HSBC Malaysia
Before you click to watch the video, please read the HSBC Privacy Statement.
By clicking to watch the video, you:
(a) consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data in accordance with HSBC Privacy Statement by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, Singapore Branch and The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited (collectively, “HSBC”), to our respective agents and authorised service providers as well as relevant third parties (including but not limited to any member of the HSBC Group; and
(b) agree on behalf of your business that HSBC can collect, use, disclose, store, transfer (whether within or outside Singapore) and/or exchange your business' information to or with all such persons as HSBC may consider necessary, including but not limited to any member of the HSBC Group.
HSBC makes no representation or warranty (express or implied) of any nature nor is any responsibility of any kind accepted with respect to the completeness or accuracy of any information, projection, representation or warranty (expressed or implied) in, or omission from, the website and contents of the video. No liability is accepted whatsoever for any direct, indirect or consequential loss arising from the use of this video.
This video does not constitute an offer or solicitation for, or advice that you should enter into or start using, any of HSBC’s products and services. An individual viewing this video should make his/her own independent appraisal of the information mentioned in this video.
No part of this video may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, on any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise without the prior written consent of HSBC.
We maintain strict security standards and procedures to prevent unauthorised access to information about you. HSBC will not contact you by e-mail or otherwise ask you to validate information such as your user ID or password. If you receive such a request, please call our Customer Service Hotline on 1800-216 9008.
We also remind customers not to follow a link or QR codes embedded within an e-mail to start any online banking session. Instead, key in www.business.hsbc.com.sg directly to your browser address bar to access the HSBCnet login page or download and use the HSBCnet Mobile app.