- Innovation & Transformation
- Digital Adoption
The New Normal: Adopting emerging technologies in the current pandemic and beyond
Amidst the global pandemic, HSBC hosted a virtual roundtable in October with business leaders from Amazon Web Services, Blue Prism, IBM Services and Lenovo to discuss how critical it is for businesses to adopt emerging technologies to stay relevant in a post-COVID-19 world.
Click on the video highlights below for key takeaways on the following topics:
- Is automation replacing humans at the workplace? (2:39 min watch)
- How corporates can safeguard themselves against cyber security threats during COVID-19?(1:47 min watch)
- Which key technological and data trends have been accelerated by the pandemic? (9:46 min watch)
- How has Lenovo woven technology into its treasury workflow and what challenges did they face? (7:46 min watch)
Is automation replacing humans at the workplace?
Hear from Dan Ternes, CTO of Asia Pacific, Blue Prism on his views (2:39 min)
What four actionable ideas can companies implement to counter the surge in cybercrime during COVID-19?
Arun Biswas, VP & Senior Partner, Enterprise Transformation, IBM Services on his thoughts (1:47 min)
Which key technological and data trends have been accelerated by the pandemic?
Priya Kini, Head of Global Banking, HSBC Singapore (00:00- 03:19) and Eric Tachibana, Global Advisory Head of APJC, Amazon Web Services (03:20-09:46) offered their insights (9:46 min)
How has Lenovo woven technology into its treasury workflow and cash flow forecasts, and what challenges did they face along the way?
Joseph Chua, Executive Director, Treasury, Lenovo shared the company’s transformation journey (7:46 min)