At HSBC, our knowledge goes beyond just understanding individual ASEAN markets, but understanding how to navigate the dynamics and connections between them. HSBC’s strong foundation of connected knowledge with an innovative solution provides a seamless banking experience for our customers. Our offering aims to help international companies capture the growth across ASEAN.
Our ASEAN offering
Open new opportunities across ASEAN
Our ASEAN heritage & experience
As the world’s number one trade bank1, and with over 130 years of presence in ASEAN, HSBC is well established to support your business growth and enable you to tap into new opportunities. Our teams on the ground and unrivalled global network are able to provide you with an in-depth understanding of market dynamics paired with our bespoke solutions to ease your market access into ASEAN and beyond.
* HKTDC Research ASEAN: Market Profile, 2021, ISEAS; 1. https://www.hsbc.com/news-and-media/hsbc-news/hsbc-tops-trade-finance-poll
HSBC in Singapore
- One of the longest established banks in Singapore, HSBC has been supporting businesses and trade here for over 140 years
- HSBC is one of the few international banks with scale in Singapore offering a full range of products and services
- Singapore anchors a well-established network, with HSBC present in 6 of the 10 ASEAN markets.
- We offer regional coverage for project finance, commodities, structured trade finance, cash management, client origination, Mid-Market Financial Sponsors (MMFS) and structured banking
- Consistently ranked as one of the easiest countries in the world to do business by the World Bank, Singapore is a top destination for multinationals and is one of HSBC's top 8 scale markets globally for growth and investment.
Key facts and figures
- Date of establishment: 1877
- Presence: 10 Branches
1st Green Loan in Singapore aligned to LMA/APLMA Green Loan Principles*
US, Europe and China Desks provide banking coverage for international subsidiaries**
- Regional Relationship Managers manage relationships with significant regional footprint, supporting regional decision markers
- Founded in year 2000, Netpoleon Solutions is an industry leader for distributing a holistic bundle of network and security solutions to leading organizations. Today, they have extended their proven network and security expertise across ASEAN.
- Headquartered in Singapore, Netpoleon Solutions serves a wide range of industries and customers across Singapore, Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam. Find out more from Mr Francis Goh, CEO of Netpoleon Group, about their expansion journey in ASEAN and how HSBC has supported their growth.
IFFCO Group sets up a Regional Headquarters in Singapore
A case study video on how we helped IFFCO consolidate their purchasing requirements and business operations for Southeast Asia. Watch why they decided to set up their regional hub in Singapore.
Euromoney Awards for Excellence 2021
Euromoney Awards for Excellence 2021
The Asset’s 2021 Triple A Treasury, Trade, SSC and Risk Management Awards
SwissCham Business Excellence Awards
Asia's Best Bank for Transaction Services
Asia's Best Bank for Sustainable Financing
Best Treasury and Cash Management Bank
Finance Services: Digital Transformation Award 2020
Interested in expanding your business to ASEAN?
The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)
The content on this page (“ASEAN website”) was prepared by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, Singapore Branch (“HSBC” or “we”).
The information contained in this ASEAN website is derived from sources we believe to be reliable but which we have not independently verified. HSBC makes no representation or warranty (express or implied) of any nature nor is any responsibility of any kind accepted with respect to the completeness or accuracy of any information, projection, representation or warranty (expressed or implied) in, or omission from, this ASEAN website. No liability is accepted whatsoever for any direct, indirect or consequential loss (whether arising in contract, tort or otherwise) arising from the use of or reliance on this ASEAN website or any information contained herein by the recipient or any third party. If you seek to rely in any way whatsoever upon any content contained in this ASEAN website, you do so at your own risk.
This ASEAN website does not constitute an offer or solicitation for business outside Singapore, or advice that you should enter into or start using, any of the arrangement, product or services mentioned in this ASEAN website. Recipients should not rely on this ASEAN website in making any decisions and they should make their own independent appraisal of and investigations into the information described in this ASEAN website. No consideration has been given to the particular business objectives, financial situation or particular needs of any recipient. Any examples given are for the purposes of illustration only. The purpose of this ASEAN website is to provide information on ASEAN Markets for corporate clients operating in or have an office operating in those markets, or for clients who wish to expand their operations into those markets.
All the information set out in this ASEAN website is provided in good faith to the best of HSBC’s knowledge and understanding of the current law, rules, regulations, directions and guidelines governing or otherwise applicable to the relevant services offered by HSBC but HSBC makes no guarantee, representation or warranty and accepts no liability as to its accuracy or completeness. Future changes in such law, rules, regulations etc. could affect the information in this ASEAN website but HSBC is under no obligation to keep this information current or to update it. Expressions of opinion are those of HSBC only and are subject to change without notice.
Copyright © The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, Singapore Branch 2021. All rights reserved. No part of this ASEAN website may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, on any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of HSBC.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, Singapore Branch (UEN S16FC0010A). The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited is incorporated in the Hong Kong SAR with limited liability.
References for figures displayed in HSBC advertisements in Bloomberg sites:
ASEAN’s digital economy is set to double to over USD350 billion by 20251
ASEAN is thriving as the world’s fastest growing trade bloc2
A greener ASEAN offers a trillion-dollar opportunity by 2030 3
2 HKTDC Research ASEAN: Market Profile, 2021, ISEAS